Hello Friends of the Brasstown Community Center,
The Brasstown Bell is usually all about what is happening in the Brasstown Community but sadly, much of this newsletter is about all the things that are not happening due to the Covid-19 epidemic.
A statewide Stay at Home Order, went into effect at 5 p.m. March 30. The order directs people to stay at home except to visit essential businesses, to exercise outdoors or to help a family member or friend. The order also bans gatherings of more than 10 people and directs everyone to stay at least six feet apart from others” As many of you are aware, the State of NC has closed Public Schools state wide and closed restaurants and bars for dine-in service. Additional information can be obtained at their website: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina.
The Brasstown Community Center is closed until further notice.
Please keep in mind that during the lockdown to remember to use smile.amazon.com if you are ordering things online and to make Brasstown Community Center your charity of choice! This way we can still support the Brasstown Community Center while activities are suspended.
The April Potluck at the Brasstown Community Center is canceled.
The Brasstown Community Center has immediate openings for two positions. One position is for inside cleaning and the other requires maintenance and lawn care. Applicants must be over 55 years of age with limited income. If you are interested, or know someone who might be interested, contact Clay Logan at 828-557-5723 (cell) or 828-389-8081 (home).
Clay’s Corner is OPEN. Stop by for gas, and essentials.
Due to concerns about the corona virus (Covid 19), the following agencies and business are closed until further notice:
- The Spring Celebration in Brasstown is canceled.
- Cyndi Singh of Back to Balance Massage has temporarily suspended providing massage.
- The John C. Campbell Folk School has temporarily suspended all classes and activities: https://www.folkschool.org.
- The Moss Memorial Library has closed all locations and the book mobile. They ask that for now you keep any books you have checked out. There will be no fines charged as a result of this and they will let us know when we can return the books at a later date.
- The NC Cooperative Extension office is not open to the public but staff members can be contacted by phone or e-mail. For additional information, go to their website at clay.ces.ncsu.edu or call 828-389-6305.
Everyone please follow the Stay at Home Order and go out only for essentials. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth. Wash your hands throughly and often. Avoid contact with other people and maintain social distancing so we can get past the peak of this virus and take some of the load off of the hospitals and health care workers. Stay safe and well. We all look forward to getting together in person in the future.
Your Brasstown Bell Crier,