Hello Friends of the Brasstown Community Center,
Due to the Covid-19 epidemic and the need for social distancing, the Brasstown Community Center will continue to be closed for the month of May. The situation will be re-evaluated at the end of this month. We all miss getting together with friends, neighbors and members of our Community and we are all looking forward to the day that new virus cases are few enough to begin cautiously re-opening the state and local businesses.
Until then, everyone please follow the Stay at Home Order and go out only for essentials. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth. Wash your hands throughly and often. Avoid contact with other people and maintain social distancing so we can continue to take some of the load off of the hospitals and health care workers, and keep elder members and people with other health issues in our community safe. We all look forward to getting together in person in the future. Stay safe and well!
On a bright note, the parking lot at the Community Center has been paved, so when we do all gather again, we will have a nice smooth surface to walk on and there will be less dirt tracked into the Community Center!
Clay’s Corner is OPEN. Stop by for gas, and essentials. The Saturday morning breakfast at Clay’s Corner has been resumed for those whose spouses like to sleep in on Saturday. Breakfast is served at 8 am.
Due to concerns about the corona virus (Covid 19), the following agencies and business are closed until further notice:
- The Brasstown Community Center is closed until further notice. Please keep in mind that during the lockdown to remember to use smile.amazon.com if you are ordering things online and to make Brasstown Community Center your charity of choice! This way we can still support us while activities are suspended. The May Potluck at the Brasstown Community Center is canceled.
- Cyndi Singh of Back to Balance Massage has temporarily suspended providing massage.
- The John C. Campbell Folk School has temporarily suspended all classes and activities: https://www.folkschool.org.
- The Moss Memorial Library has closed all locations and the book mobile. They ask that for now you keep any books you have checked out. There will be no fines charged as a result of this and they will let us know when we can return the books at a later date.
- The NC Cooperative Extension office is not open to the public but staff members can be contacted by phone or e-mail. For additional information, go to their website at clay.ces.ncsu.edu or call 828-389-6305.
Your Brasstown Bell Crier,